Describe your favorite singer or band
Describe a person who has interesting ideas or opinions.
Describe an occasion when you invite your family or friends to dinner.
Describe a historical building you have been to
Describe a piece of information that is incorrect
Describe an occasion when you got up extremely early
Describe someone who speaks a foreign language well.
Describe a book you want to write
What kinds of writers are considered to be good?
What are the benefits of working as a writer?
Do people in your country like to write books?
Describe a friend or a person who encouraged you to achieve a goal
1. Do you think supervisors can be friends with their subordinates?
2. What kind of people do you like to work with?
3. Which one is more important to you at work, development in work related skills or 4. the recognition from your supervisors?
Describe a beautiful city
1. Do you think having too many tourists is a positive thing for historical attractions？
2. What can we do to stop visitors from damaging historical places?
3. Are there more tall building than small flats in your country?
4. Why do most people live in aPartments rather than houses?
5. Why do some people like to visit historical places?
A language you want to learn（not English）
1. What can people do to learn a second language?
2. Is it popular to learn English in your country?
3. What are the difficulties of learning a new language?
4. What is the best way to learn a new language?
Describe a book you read recently
1. In your country, who would ask kids to read, parents or schools?
2. Do you prefer paper books or e-books?
3. Do you think printed books will continue to exist?
4. Do you think parents should continue reading?
5. What kind of books do kids read?
A historical period that you are so interested in
1. Do young people like historical stories in your country?
2. Which historical period is important in country?
3. Do you think history matters in country`s future development?
4. What is the effective way of learning history, by reading books or watch videos?
5. Why should we learn history?
6. Why do some people have no interest in history?
Describe a time you enjoyed your free time
1.Do you think most people are able to manage their free time?
2. Do you think parents should make plans for their children?
3. What’s the difference between the things people did in their free time in the past and the things they do nowadays?
4. What do people like to do when they are free in your country?
Describe a person you have seen who is beautiful or handsome
1. Do you think children should learn how to dress well?
2. What do people in your country think of beauty?
3. Is it easy to become beautiful?
4. What are the disadvantages of being beautiful?
Describe a healthy lifestyle you know
1. What kinds of lifestyle are unhealthy?
2. What can doctors do to help people solve health-related problems?
3. How should schools teach students to live healthy?
4. What do people in your country do to maintain health?
Describe a kind of food people eat during a special event
1. Why do some people grow their own food these days?
2. Do you think people should eat every meal with their family?
3. What kinds of food are good for a Party?
Describe an intelligent person you know
1. Who do you think plays a more important role in a child’s development, teachers or parents?
2. Do you think smart people tend to be selfish?
3. Why are some children more intelligent than others?
A good law in your country
1. What kind of people can become police officers?
2. Do you think both men and women could become police officers?
3. Do you think police officers are paid too much?
4. Is kindness the most important quality of a police officer？
5. Do all Chinese people obey the law?
A teenager you know
1. What is the difference between the teenagers and kids?
2. How do teenagers treat old people in your country?
3. Do you think teenagers today are better than those 30 years ago?
What is the difference between teenagers and old people?
An interesting Part of your country
1. What’s the difference between people living in the city and people living
in the countryside?
2. What’s the difference between big cities and small cities?
3. What the difference between the north and south Part of your country?
4. What makes one country different from the other?
5. Do you like living in big cities or small ones?
Describe an item you bought but do not often use
1. What are other things that u want to replace?
2. What kinds of things do young people like to replace?
3. Do old people in China like to hoard things?
4. Who do think will want new things, children or old people?
5. What is the difference between new things and old things？
A time you borrowed something from your friends or family
1. Why do some people like to borrow things instead of buying them?
2. What would you do if people do not return the money they borrowed？
3. Why are people embarrassed when they borrow money from others?
4. What do you think of the sharing economy?
Describe a job of your grandparents
1. What kinds of jobs are difficult to do?
2. Do you think it would be beneficial to provide training to employees?
3. Is it easy to find well-paid jobs in your country?
4. Do you think robots would replace human workers in the future?
Describe an old person who is interesting
1. Do you think old people should live with their family?
2. What can old people teach young people?
3. Do old people share the same interest with young people?
Describe a time you looked for information from the internet.
1. In what ways can people get information these days?
2. What are the differences between getting information from library and from internet?
Describe a Party that you joined
1. How do children celebrate birthday Party in China?
2. Should parents spend much money on children’s Party?
3. Why some people dislike attending Parties?
4. What do people do in spare time?
Describe a piece of good news you heard (from TV or internet)
1. Why do some people like to share news in social media?
2. How do people in your country get news?
3. What kinds of news are good for people in your country?
4. Do you think children should start watching news from a young age?
A time when you received money as a present
1. In your country, do parents give kids money for doing housework?
2. Is it important for kids have a right attitude towards money?
3. What do you think of this saying: love of money is the root of all evil?
4. Is it important to teach kids how to manage the pocket money?
5. What kind of occasions requires people to send money as gifts?
A game that you played in your childhood
1. What kinds of games do kids play these days?
2. Why do people play different kinds of games when they grow up?
3. Do you think winning is the most important goal for playing games?
4. Do parents in your country encourage kids to play games?
5. What kinds of games do kids play at school?
Describe an interesting subject that you dislike but now have interest in
1. Do you think all teachers should have entertaining teaching styles?
2. Do you think learning many subjects at one time that is better or learning one subject is better?
3. What subjects are more practical to learn nowadays?
4. Do you think learning many subjects is beneficial to your work?
Describe an outdoor sport you played for the first time.
1. What skills may take long time to learn?
2. Why would people spend a lot of time learning one skill?
3. Do people feel happy after they learn a new skill?
4. Why are some people unwilling to learn new skills?
5. Do you think it take long time to learn a language?
Something you made that you gave to others
1. Have you ever received anything made by the giver?
2. When receiving a gift, do you prefer something that is self- - made or something from the stores?
3. Which one is better, self-made food or food that you buy?
4. Are art classes important in schools?
An interesting person you would like to meet
1. Do you have many friends in your community?
2. How does technology help with the relationship between people?
3. Do people feel safe in China?
A person who helps to protect the environment
1. What is the importance of environmental education?
2. How to protect the environment?
3. Is it important to teach students environmental protection at schools?
4. Do you think is it important to make the environmental protection a subject?
A family business you know
1. What are the advantages and disadvantage of family business?
2. How to be a successful businessman in your country?
3. Do people in your country like to work for a big company or small company?
4. Do you think globalization is a positive development?
An important plant in your country
1. Do people in your country like to grow plants at home?
2. Do old people grow plants?
3. How can schools teach students to grow plants?
4. What is the main plant in your country?
An interesting talk or lecture
1. What kinds of people will be invited to give a speech?
2. In what occasion would you be a good listener?
3. Is listening to speeches important to kids?
4. What is required to be a good public speaker?
5. Will Chinese feel nervous when it comes to public speaking?
A good decision someone made
1. Should we trust the advice given by stranger for making decisions?
2. Who would like to make the decision, men or women?
3. Who will be helpful when making decision in your country?
4. Do you think it is advisable listening to others’ advice when making decision?
5. When young people are to make a decision, should they listen to some advice?
Describe a situation when you didn’t have enough time.
1. Do you think most people can manage their time well?
2. What are the effective ways to manage time?
3. Is time management important?
4. Do you think successful people have better time management skills than others?
Describe a time when you changed your mind/plan
1. What kinds of people often change plans?
2. What are the common reasons when people need to change plans?
3. How would you tell your friends when you must change your plan?
4. What kinds of plans are practical?
Describe an ideal house
1. What are the differences between living in the city and living in the countryside?
2. Can you compare the past and the present of cities?
3. What are the disadvantages of living in the city?
Describe a person you wanted to be similar to when you were growing up
1. What good qualities do famous people have?
2. What kinds of famous people do children like?
3. Can you compare the past and the present of children’s life?
An indoor or outdoor place where it is easy for you to study
1. Do you like to learn alone or with others?
2. Do you prefer to study at home or in other places?
3. What is the difference between learning face to face with teachers and learning by youself?
Describe a time you taught something new to a younger person
1. What skills do adults need to have?
2. What are the skills that you wanted to learn?
3. How can people be motivated to learn new things?
4. What can children learn from teachers and parents?
Describe something that can help you concentrate on work/study
1. s it important for children to learn how to concentrate?
2. What kinds of distractions are bothering you in your life?
3. What can employers do to help employees concentrate?
4. What kinds of jobs require higher concentrate at work?
5. Have you ever felt difficult to concentrate?
A newly built public facility
1. Do you think the government should organize people's leisure activities (such as sports activities)?
2. What would you say is the ideal balance between work and leisure?
3. Do people in your country prefer indoor leisure activities, or do they prefer outdoor leisure activities?
4. What are the most popular outdoor leisure activities in your country?
5. Do you think modern lifestyles give people enough time for leisure?
6. Do you think men and women generally do the same things in their leisure time?
Describe a success your friend has achieved.
1. What does it take to become successful?
2. What kinds of people would be considered successful in the society?
3. What are the reasons for failure?
4. Do you think a university degree would guarantee one’s success in career?
Something given to you that you really need
1. What things do young people like to buy ？
2. Why do people buying things that are not necessary?
3. What should parents do when their children ask for things their friends have?
4. Is consumption important to a country?
Describe something lost by others but found by you
1. Do people collect thing for maintaining memories?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of keeping collections?
3. What do you like to collect?
A place you plan to travel to that is far away from your home
1. Do you like live alone or share an apartment with others?
2. What are the advantages and disadvantages of living alone?
3. What are the advantages of working abroad?
4. What are the disadvantages of living in another country?
5. Would you like to work in a developed country with high salary, but polluted air?
6. What do you need to consider while making a travel plan?
7. Some people think travel experience depends on how much you spend, Do you agree?
8. Do you prefer to stay at home or go traveling during holidays?
9. Do you like to travel with a group or on ur own?
Describe a film or TV program that made you laugh
1. Why do children like to laugh?
2. Is laughing beneficial to kids, how about the old people?
3. When would you do when you feel sad?
4. What kinds of things do Chinese people do to be happy?
5. Do you think adults are likely to be happier than kids?